We’d like to extend a warm welcome to the following faculty members who have joined the School of Medicine Family between March 1 – April 30, 2017!
Med-Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine
- Nicole Lapinel, M.D., – Assistant Professor-Clinical
- Jamie Hatcher, M.D. – Clinical Assistant Professor
- Jairo Torres Acevedo, M.D. – Assistant Professor-Clinical
- Kurt Piggott, M.D. – Associate Professor-Clinical
- Margaret Moore, M.D. – Assistant Professor-Clinical
The American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) conference will be held in New Orleans from April 30 – May 5. Accepted publications from our department include:
- Bradley Spieler and Dr. Eric Wallace titled “Persistent Sciatic Artery: A Favorable Anatomic Variant In A Setting Of Trauma.”
- Lillian Tiara Murphy and Dr. Bradley Spieler titled “Pancreatic Arteriovenous Malformations with Hepatitis C” and “Renal Excretion on Five Minute Delay Phase CT as a Predictor of Cardiopulmonary Arrest within 24 hours.”
- Stephanie Cajigas-Loyola titled “Emerging MRI Techniques for Characterization of Ectopic Endometrial Tissue.”
LSU ENT Resident Sinus & Sleep Surgery Course, Course Director, Kevin McLauglin, MD, Center for Advanced Practice Conference Room, Lions Building, New Orleans, LA, March 31-April 1, 2017.
LSU ENT Resident Temporal Bone Dissection Course, Course Director, Moises Arriaga, MD, Center for Advanced Practice Conference Room, Lions Building, New Orleans, LA, April 21-22, 2017
Dr. Rohan Walvekar, Associate Professor is invited to speak and instruct at the ENT World Congress in Paris, France on June 24-24, 2017.
Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics:
The Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics Student Colloquium will take place May 22-23, 2017 on the LSU Health Sciences Center campus. Dr. Mohan Raizada, Distinguished Professor of Physiology & Functional Genomics at the University of Florida, Gainesville will be the honored guest speaker.