Congratulations to the following researchers for obtaining extramural funding from federal, state, and/or independent sources between March 1 – April 30, 2017!
NOTE: the Office of the Dean provided the information below to The Pulse. If there is any information that was inadvertently omitted, please contact the editor (email@example.com) so a correction can be printed in the next issue of The Pulse.
National Institutes of Health – R01:
- Carmen Canavier, Ph.D. (Cell Biology and Anatomy) “A Dynamic Diversity of Dopamine Neurons,” NIDA
- Wayne Backes, Ph.D. (Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics) “Interactions Among P450 System Proteins and their Distribution into Endoplasmic Reticulum Microdomains,” NIGMS
National Science Foundation:
- Fern Tsien, Ph.D. (Genetics) and Allison Augustus-Wallace, Ph.D. (Medicine)
- Hamilton Farris, Ph.D. (Neuroscience Center of Excellence)
- Fern Tsien, Ph.D. (Genetics), Martha Cuccia, MPH, MCHES (School of Public Health)
- Entergy Corporation (“Science Youth Initiative: Summer Internship Program”)
Pharmaceuticals and Companies:
- Frank Culicchia, M.D. (Neuroscience Center of Excellence)
- CoreLink Surgical
- Anthony DiGiorgio, D.O. (Neurosurgery)
- Globus Medical
- Depuy Synthes Power Tools
- Nuvasive, Inc.
- Agustin Garcia, M.D. (Internal Medicine)
- Boston Biomedical, Inc.
- Advenchen Laboratories, LLC
- Thomas M. Reske, M.D., Ph.D. (Internal Medicine)
- Merck & Co., Inc.